Metal and Fabric Flower Door Hanger
The colors of Spring are inviting especially when they are presented in a bouquet of fabric tulips you glue together. The flowers are stuffed with grocery shopping bag plastic, creating blooms with shape and dimension. Alcohol markers give detail to the petals giving them a painted, watercolor effect. Floral wire glued inside each flower makes the bouquet easy to arrange and bend in different directions. A foil, roasting pan cover, scored with a ruler holds the bouquet, framed by lime deco mesh. This fun project can be completed in an afternoon.
NOTE: Use a low temperature setting glue gun. Hotter glue may melt the fabric.
- Fairfield Oly Fun fabric - 12” square per color
- Hot glue gun (on low setting)
- Spectrum Noir Alcohol pens
- 21” x 36” deco mesh
- 14 gauge wire - 36”
- embossing tool
- floral wire
- foil pan cover 13” wide (from party shop)
- white plastic shopping bags
- ruler or yardstick
- fleece or other thick material
- scissors or craft knife