Bug's Life Paperweight - Flik
Here’s a paperweight project that can work as a reminder to kids to stand up for themselves. Flik, the industrious and inventive hero ant from the movie, “It’s a Bug’s Life” did just that when against tremendous odds, he succeeded in defying his foe and saving his colony. Create this paperweight from polymer clay and bake it in your kitchen oven. Made by joining clumps of clay, the finished project is hefty in weight and cute as a bug.
Before you begin, condition all clay colors. Cutting should be done on plastic film which will allow you to easily rotate the work when necessary.
IMPORTANT NOTE - Setting numbers vary on clay conditioning machines. On my machine the thickest setting is 1 and the thinnest is 9.
Step 9 - Bake the project on a piece of card stock in a 275 degree oven for 30 minutes. Allow it to cool completely before handling.
Step 10 - Apply clear acrylic gloss paint to the entire eye with a brush.
- Sculpey Clay - Sky Blue, White, Leaf Green, Black
- Sculpey Clay conditioning machine
- Sculpey Super Slicer blade set
- Sculpey Acrylic Roller
- Sculpey Etch N Pearl Tool
- Ranger White Perfect Pearls Mica Powder
- Aztek Blue, Black, Copper, Clear Gloss acrylic paint
- plastic wrap
- card stock
- craft knife
- paint brushes
- sharp tooth comb
- leaf texture sheets or rubber stamps
- eyelets or circle cutters in two sizes